First and foremost, we are all in this together. We can all do our part to limit the spread of this virus by following the public health guidance from from President Trump:
- Above all else, if you are feeling sick please contact your medical provider.
- If you feel sick, please stay home. Do not go to work.
- If someone in your household has tested positive for the coronavirus, keep the entire household at home.
- If you are an older person, stay home and away from other people to prevent possible exposure to coronavirus.
- If you are a person with a serious underlying health condition that can put you at an increased risk (for example, a condition that impairs your lung or heart function or weakens your immune system), stay home and away from other people.
- For additional information on how to stay healthy, visit coronavirus.gov
I recently voted to pass legislation in the House to provide $8.3 billion in emergency funding for coronavirus response. I also voted for additional legislation last week to help provide relief for small businesses, funding for unemployment insurance, and funding for people relying on nutrition assistance programs. As our economy continues to feel the impact of the coronavirus, our small businesses are bearing the brunt of this pandemic. The Small Business Administration is providing assistance to Texas small businesses, co-ops, and non-profit organizations that are being impacted by coronavirus. If you have questions on eligibility for assistance or how to apply, please click here.
Remember: before you order in, ask if a local business offers food delivery too. Small businesses are the heart of our community and they need our support now more than ever. You can find helpful tips on how to do this safely here.
I’ve also included a few helpful links that provide additional information on coronavirus:
- For veterans: https://www.publichealth.va.gov/n-coronavirus/
- For tax information from the IRS: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- For Texas Department of Health and Human Services: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- For City of Houston Emergency Operations Center: http://houstonemergency.org/
- For Harris County Community Assistance: https://csd.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/default.aspx
Again, we can all do our part to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and our neighbors from the coronavirus and prevent the further spread of this virus in our communities. We are Americans and our resolve will carry us through this difficult time.